Tuesday, August 25, 2009

All His Promises are True

Today I come to you not with a long post or even a funny story. Today I come to you just with a honest heart, burdened with a very real but sometimes forgotten truth. For over the past few weeks, the Lord through various ways...whether it be through His Word, the radio, other believers, sermons at church...He has been impressing upon me that all of His promises are indeed true.

At times when I feel lonely, He reminds me that He is my Jehovah-Shammah: He is there. When fear creeps into my heart at the thought of an unknown future ahead, He reminds me that He has ordained every step that I take and will be faithful throughout my lifetime. Nothing is out of His control. And even the times that I lose sight and wonder if He has too, He lovingly holds me in His arms and comforts me with the message that all of His promises reign true, no matter what the circumstances may be. In one of my devotional books entitled, "My Utmost for His Highest," I read these God-ordained words last week:

"Keep the thought that the mind of God is behind all things strong and growing. Not even the smallest detail of life happens unless God's will is behind it. Therefore, you can rest in perfect confidence in Him."

This morning I woke up feeling an urgency to write this blog. For I wonder if today there may be many men and women of God who are feeling burdened with the cares of life, instead of hopeful in the promises of God. I wonder if there are many who are suffering some very unfortunate circumstances at this time in their life. Perhaps they have lost sight of Who is ultimately in control. But whatever the situation may be today, will you join together with me in believing that we serve a God Who is in control. He is our Jehovah-Jirah, the One Who has already provided for our needs even before we are aware of them. (Matt.6:8) He is our Elohim, our magnificant Creator. (Ps. 139) He is Jehovah-Rophi. Oh, how He provides healing for our weary hearts. (Ps. 103:1-3) He is our Jehovah-shalom. Jesus is our peace...a peace beyond our understanding. (Phil. 4:6-7)

I wanted to end this post with a song of encouragement. As you listen, may you once again be reminded of His faithfulness. Will you begin this day or end the day...whatever the case may be...truly trusting in the mighty hand of our Father? His promises never fail. He is a faithful God, providing for our needs today and giving us lasting hope for the beautiful future to come. Let's worship Him together.

"Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.
The LORD is faithful to all his promises
and loving toward all he has made."
Psalm 145:13
Hannah Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment