Friday, May 1, 2009

Made by the Master

Why is it that God can clearly speak to your heart about a specific burden....then, you in return receive that truth, only a few days later to worry and become discouraged about the very thing you laid down at His feet? Tonight, I went back and read some notes that I had written in the past. One in particular touched my heart tonight. As I was studying for a final today, I was reviewing my notes on fetal development. Isn't it comforting that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made." He holds every plan, every year, every month, every minute, every detail of our lives? He knows what He is doing. Yes, He knows what lies ahead. He is faithful. He blesses me with hope. May I share this with you tonight? Perhaps it will encourage you, as it did me.

Tonight.....I can't sleep. Partly because today has been a very challenging and hard day. And, partly because God has reminded me of something, and I'd like to share it with you. Maybe you need to hear it too. Whatever the reason, I'm up past 10:00, and that is a feat in itself! :)

In my nursing class, we are studying about fertility and pregnancy. On Wednesday, we began talking about the sequence of fetal development. And as my professor was lecturing...I sat there and thought, "Wow....only God could do this. Wow....what an amazing God I serve!"

Did you know that out of those two cells that unite come one cell, equipped the very DNA of a human being. Everything it needs to grow and be nourished is provided....out of that one little cell. And did you know that at just 4 weeks, the tissues of the heart began to beat for the first time? And inside that womb, this precious little baby is able to grow and be adequately nourished until the time of delivery. Wow....only God. Only God could intricately design this process, detail by detail. The words of Psalm 139 echoed in my mind while listening to the lecture. All I could think as I was sitting there in class is how thankful I am that I know the truth. We are not by chance...no scientific reasoning can explain how we are made or how we came to be here. They try...but praise God that He has given us the truth! We are fearfully and wonderfully made. Even at the point of conception....we have life!

Opened my Ladies' Bible study book tonight, and do you want to know what it was about? On the very first few pages, it was talking about a young woman who had just found out she was pregant. She was telling her own mother the news. The "grandma to be" began praying a prayer for her soon-to-be granddchild. And then I proceeded to read the beautiful words of "Psalm 139," just exactly what God had reminded me of just yesterday.


The rest of the lesson focused on how God has ordained each of our days. He has assigned us "our portion and our cup." He is God, and He is faithful. Nothing is a suprise to Him. He knit our very being in our mother's womb. He caused our heart to beat at week 8. He caused our fingernails to form at week 9. He caused us to take our very first breath the day of our birth. Do you think anything is too big for Him to handle? Sometimes I need to remind myself of that. God has ordained every minute of my life. Why is it so hard for me to trust in His ways?

He has a plan for my life, and He has a plan for yours as well. May you know tonight that God is sovereign and has complete control over your life. You are "fearfullly and wonderfully made." For there is nothing you will go through that God does not have control over. Are you thankful for that? I am.
Psalm 139
O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
20 They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD, and abhor those who rise up against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Amen. Be encouraged tonight, precious ones of God. He loves you. He knows you inside and out. He holds your every moment. He has a perfect plan. He is in control. He is hope.
Hannah Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment