Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Before the Day

I found a CD last night that I had been searching for. I really thought that I had lost it, so I was pretty thankful to have discovered it. It is entitled "Rescue" by Newsong.

One particular song on this CD specifically ministered to me about four years ago. It was during my Mom's cancer journey that I heard this song for the first time. I remember sitting in the waiting room as she was receiving one of her chemo treatments. I remember the sight and feeling of that cold and not-so-inviting room. I also remember the fear that was in my heart that day, seeing her walking through the unpleasant door of chemotherapy. But even greater than that fear, I remember feeling God's peace overtaking my heart and mind as I listened to this song. I played it over and over and over again that day. Last night as I heard it again and as I had the privilege of my mom sitting beside me listening as well, I was able to recap the faithfulness of God during that time and since that day. What a blessing...truly a miracle.

This is what I desire to be my prayer each morning that God gives me breath. "Now another day is waiting/For me to make it through/And there's no way that I could face it without You........I'll just be still and know that You are God."


Worship Him with me this morning. For He is faithful to care for us in whatever situation we may face each morning...both now and each day to come.






1 comment:

  1. Very much enjoyed this Hannah Grace. Thank you for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete